Your vascular system matters
Key in your metabolism
R[+]-Alpha Lipoic Acid
Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is a substance used more and more by nutrition professionals thanks to its multiple properties.
Its intake is usually recommended as a supplement taking into account that the organism’s ability to synthesize it is very limited and it is not easy to obtain from the diet (spinach, meat, liver…) in useful quantities.
Alpha Lipoic Acid is key in our metabolism, helping B vitamins in the conversion of carbohydrates, proteins and fats into energy. In addition, it has a great antioxidant potential that acts both in aqueous and fatty media, unlike what happens with Vitamin E (that works only in fat) and Vitamin C (that works only in water), being considered the universal antioxidant.
Nutritional and clinical use of Alpha Lipoic Acid has been recognized for many years, because its
Starlabs Nutrition’s Alpha-lipoic acid is not only characterized by the amount of alpha lipoic acid provided (200 mg), but also for providing 100% in its racemic or R (+) form.
In nature there is only the R (+) form, being the only configuration that our body can synthesize, and being the most effective, acting as an essential cofactor for four mitochondrial enzyme complexes.
It’s antioxidant action is provided in 3 different ways: direct (by directly sequestering free radicals), indirect (by recycling other antioxidants that have been destroyed by neutralizing free radicals, such as vitamins E and C, glutathione and co-enzyme Q10), and increasing cellular synthesis of glutathione, which has a prominent role in the elimination of toxins and carcinogens during hepatic detoxification.
2. Increases insulin sensitivity and glucose uptake by muscle tissue
3. Essential for aerobic metabolism
4. Improves blood flow
5. Helpful in the treatment of vascular diseases and diabetes
6. Improves cognitive processes
- Athletes who want to receive an increased supply of nutrients to the muscles.
- Fitness athletes who practice intense or prolonged workouts.
- Sports or disciplines where the priority energy route is aerobics.
- People who want to improve their cardiovascular health.